Run Adventurouslee was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award, so I wanted to take a few minutes to answer the 10 questions about myself.
Thank you so much for the nomination, LeeAnne! It was interesting to read what you had to say about yourself.
If you’re into travel adventures, be sure to check out her blog here. She is about to embark on a round-the-world trip next May!
- How did you get into blogging or photography? I’m not quite sure how I got into blogging, but I do know how I got into photography. As a kid, my parents and grandparents made travel a priority. We would go on at least 2 trips a year and quite often on weekend getaways too. They were typically to areas of scenic beauty. My family believed that travel taught us much about our world and opened our minds to different cultures and customs. On those trips, I distinctly remember always wanting to borrow my parents camera, but being a kid, I was “too young” to handle something valuable :/ Finally, one day, I decided to part with some of my money to buy a camera and 5 rolls of 35mm film. We were preparing for a road trip to Yellowstone, Glacier, and Mount Ranier National Parks (along with other incredible sites in between), and there was no way I was not going to capture “my memories.” Photography was how I remembered what I saw, because I felt that other’s photos missed something that I felt in those places. Now as a kid, my thoughts weren’t quite that developed, it wasn’t for years that I realized why I was so driven for my photos and not other’s. Rather, I was obsessed with photos, because I didn’t want to forget any moment. Each trip left me in wonder, and that was a feeling I never wanted to lose. Over time, I noticed that people liked my photos, so I decided to start sharing them online – hence blogging.
- Where would you most like to travel to and why? There are a few places that come to mind – Salt Flats of Bolivia, Atacama Desert, Ha Long Bay, and Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. The common theme being some unique and unreal feature that makes it hard to comprehend without seeing them in person. But if I had to pick one, it’s Torres del Paine National Park. Those mountain peaks just leave me breathless. They are so gorgeous that it’s hard to believe they’re natural. I enjoy exploring and believe that an adventure there would warrant the idiom “truth is stranger than fiction.”
- What is your favorite book? Wool by Hugh Howey. Admittedly, I haven’t been the most avid reader, but this book is riveting and has that future, sci-fi aspect that I am particularly interested in.
- When you travel to a place you have never been before, what is the first thing you like to do? To immerse myself in the surroundings. I like to wander, almost aimlessly, and see what surprises me.
- How do you get ideas for your blogs or photo shoots? Most of my photos are spontaneous. I like to observe my surroundings and capture what resonates with me.
- How many countries have to been to? Funny you ask. I was recently highlighting county, state, and a national maps to show where I’ve done road trips. It seemed quite impressive, until I highlighted a world map. I’ve been to 5 countries on 2 continents.
- What aspect of blogging do you love the most? I have been quite busy building my new business that I don’t feel like I’ve put enough effort into blogging. I imagine that sharing my travel experiences would be the aspect I’ll enjoy the most, so I look forward to starting a separate blog about specific trips.
- Where is you next travel destination to? I’m planning a winter road trip through Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Nevada but may have to scale down those ambitions. I’ll definitely be in Washington for a wedding.
- What is your favorite downtime activity? Netflix and reading.
- What is/are your goal(s) in life? To travel the world. I’m excited to have recently made photography my full-time job, as that’s the first step in my plan on making a living out of travel.
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and notify them of this in one of their posts.
- All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 10 questions posed by your nominator, create 10 questions for your nominees to answer. (Or, you can repeat the same questions.)
- Copy these rules into your post.
- Stu ArtPhoto his minimalism and abstract photography always inspires me. He sees things that others overlook.
- How did you get into blogging or photography?
- Where would you most like to travel to and why?
- What is your favorite book?
- When you travel to a place you have never been before, what is the first thing you like to do?
- How do you get ideas for your blogs or photo shoots?
- How many countries have to been to?
- What aspect of blogging do you love the most?
- Where is your next travel destination to?
- What is your favorite downtime activity?
- What is/are your goal(s) in life?
I hope you all enjoy these questions and that this award helps all of you gather more followers!